For this Year of the Rabbit, what Chinese New Year lucky numbersshould you know?
Like bunnies hopping from one place to another, will these lucky numberscause you to leap in joy this 2023?
Will they bring a financial windfall? Open doors of work opportunities? Perhaps a raise or a promotion? An ideal romantic relationship coming soon?
Learn about what the Chinese New Year lucky numbershave in store for you as well as a general forecast for this year.
2023 Lucky Numbers For Each Chinese Animal Zodiac Sign
There are several Chinese New Year lucky numbers this 2023 but the universal lucky number for this year is seven (7).
When written in pinyin, a Chinese writing system, “7” is called “qi” (pronounced as “chi”). In Chinese beliefs, this number symbolizes:
In addition to those, “7” likewise represents the fusion of two powerful forces, which leads to these two harmonizing each other:
- yin(symbolizing earth, femininity, darkness)
- yang(symbolizing heaven, masculinity, light)
The union doesn’t stop there. These two also unite with the five elements (therefore, 2 + 5 = 7) in Confucianism, namely:
- earth (tu)
- water (shui)
- fire (huo)
- wood (mu)
- metal (jin)
Below are three tips by Yearly-Horoscope.orgon how to make the most out of one’s Chinese New Year lucky numbers, including that of the number seven:
1. Make them part of your daily life.
It could be as simple as using these numbers as part of your smartphone’s PIN code. You may also consider buying ref magnets of these numbers or any similar items and place it in your bedroom side table.
2. Let your lucky numbers inspire you.
It can be done by simultaneously looking at those numbers and thinking about all the good things that happened to you recently (even those you want to transpire soon).
3. Consider these numbers when making decisions.
See if your Chinese New Year lucky numbers appear (or are mentioned) when doing office work or carrying out personal tasks.
As the Tiger bid adieu (shall reign again in 2034), here comes the Rabbit, ready to dominate 2023.
Below are the lucky numbers for 2023 for the following Chinese New Year animals of the zodiac:
|Animal Signs||Lucky Numbers 2023|
The abovementioned Chinese New Year lucky numbers were from Tong Pik-ha, a Chinese fortune teller, TV host, and author, given during an interview with the South China Morning Post (SCMP).
|Zodiac Signs||Lucky Numbers 2023|
|Aries (March 21 - April 19)||9, 45, 54|
|Taurus (April 20 - May 20)||5, 6, 33|
|Gemini (May 21 - June 20)||23, 41, 55|
|Cancer (June 21 - July 22)||2, 11, 20|
|Leo (July 23 - August 22)||1, 10, 28|
|Virgo (August 23 - September 22)||9, 32, 50|
|Libra (September 23 - October 22)||15, 42, 56|
|Scorpio (October 23 - November 21)||13, 27, 49|
|Sagittarius (November 22 - December 21)||3, 14, 59|
|Capricorn (December 22 - January 19)||8, 44, 53|
|Aquarius (January 20 - February 18)||4, 17, 31|
|Pisces (February 19 - March 20)||7, 18, 25|
The Chinese believe that the rabbit is a symbol for peace, long life, and prosperity, according to CGTN.
After sharing the Chinese New Year lucky numbers to SCMP, Tong Pik-ha also gave her general forecasts for 2023:
1. Rat (born 1960, 1972, 1984, 1996, 2008, 2020, 2032)
- Socialize more often because there’s a high chance of meeting a potential love interest.
- Success in one’s career.
- Those married or have partners already, “be extra careful” or you’ll end up having an affair.
2. Ox(born 1961, 1973, 1985, 1997, 2009, 2021, 2033)
- Be more diligent “to maximize” earning potential.
- Prioritize your health because it could be a problem this year.
- Good time to buy/replace lighting fixtures and furniture to attract good luckto one’s house.
3. Tiger(born 1962, 1974, 1986, 1998, 2010, 2022, 2034)
- You will frequently receive a helping hand.
- Successful investments await you.
- Take care of yourself because you will be “a little prone to sickness” this 2023.
4. Rabbit(born 1963, 1975, 1987, 1999, 2011, 2023)
- There could be “a few bumps ahead” but you’ll make it through.
- White-collar workers will experience harmony at work.
- Good time to take a risk in making investments.
5. Dragon(born 1964, 1976, 1988, 2000, 2012, 2024)
- A promotion or raise might happen this year.
- More success for those working in occupations/professions dominated by men.
- Small financial investments may yield big profits.
6. Snake(born 1965, 1977, 1989, 2001, 2013, 2025)
- Work harder because you might just get promoted.
- Join business trips and “be more proactive.”
- Those in a relationship may experience “more challenging” times with their partner.
7. Horse(born 1966, 1978, 1990, 2002, 2014, 2026)
- Improve your communication skills.
- A good time to pursue a romantic relationship.
- Those who are dating or are already married, save your relationships by avoiding “love triangles.”
8. Sheep(born 1967, 1979, 1991, 2003, 2015, 2027)
- Great time to invest.
- Read contracts very carefully to avoid legal problems (consult experts when needed).
- Collaborating/partnering with people will lead to success.
9. Monkey(born 1968, 1980, 1992, 2004, 2016, 2028)
- Improvements will happen in these three areas: love, family, work.
- This year will be “calmer” and “harmonious” for them.
- One may encounter “financial loss.” Therefore, be prudent with your money.
10. Rooster(born 1969, 1981, 1993, 2005, 2017, 2029)
- Look for ways to have career development (e.g., study).
- Stay away from making “aggressive investments.”
- It could be a “bumpy year at work.”
11. Dog(born 1970, 1982, 1994, 2006, 2018, 2030)
- Career and finances will be good this year.
- Building relationships and networking will work well for you this year.
- Always avail of travel insurance, particularly when going abroad, and steer clear of “dangerous activities” (e.g., scuba diving and skiing).
12. Pig(born 1971, 1983, 1995, 2007, 2019, 2031)
- Your motto for 2023: “No pain, no gain.”
- Avoid conflicts and confrontations, particularly with women in power/high positions.
- Gossips will follow you around. Never indulge. Mind your own business.
Perhaps people can refer to their respective Chinese New Year lucky numbers when making decisions (as suggested earlier) to help them navigate 2023.
Per Chinese numerology, 2 (symbolizes harmony), 6 (good luck), 8 (success and wealth), 9 (long life) are considered lucky numbers.
It is considered to be so because “8” is pronounced in Cantonese as “ba,” which happens to be a homonym (sounding the same) for the Cantonese words for “wealth” and “prosper.”
That would be four (4) because its Chinese pronunciation sounds like the Chinese word for “death.”
The Chinese New Year lucky numbers may bring hope this year for people who believe in such.
After all, the Year of Rabbit, as mentioned earlier, is all about hope, a powerful force that pushes people not to give up.
May these Chinese New Year lucky numbers, combined with good old-fashioned hard work, patience, and perseverance - plus a dash of hope - make people achieve their goals this 2023.