What does the Bible say about the number 8? Find the best Bible verses about Number 8from both the Old and New Testaments.
The Biblical number 8represents a new beginning, a new order or creation, and man's true "born again" experience when he is resurrected from the dead into eternal life. It is a number that represents hope, new horizons, and a bright future.
Read through Number 8's biblical references to learn more about its meaning and significance. May these related scripture verses provide you with some insight.
Biblical Numerology: Meaning Of Numbers In The Bible
Before we go any further, here are some Bible verses about Number 8. Let us first go over the significance of knowing Biblical Numerology.
Several numbers had significant symbolism of deeper meaning at the time the Bible was written. God communicates spiritual truths to mankind through symbols, including numbers. Understanding the meanings of these numbers in the Bible can help you better understand God's self-revelation.
It is critical to state right away that, while God did inspire the use of specific numbers for symbolic purposes, we must be careful not to place too much emphasis on numbers.
Exaggerated emphasis can and has led to dangerous mystical ideas, bad theology, fringe eschatological approaches, and even outright occultism — the belief that numbers possess mystical power that can be used for divination.
Keep in mind, however, that some of these number mysteries necessitate discernment and the guidance of a seasoned theologian, pastor, or student of Scripture in order to avoid the pitfalls that come from poor sources.
Few people study biblical numerologyand even fewer correctly understand the information available.
While the internet has provided us with many excellent resources, it must be noted that it also provides far more sources that are nothing more than false teaching, heresy, and outright occultism.
In the Bible, the number eight represents Resurrection and Regeneration. It represents a new beginning. Eight is 7 plus 1, and because it comes immediately after seven, which represents the end of something, eight is also associated with the beginning of a new era or a new order.
Surprisingly, the Bible was written by 40 different authors, a multiple of eight. Following his resurrection, Jesus is said to have made eight appearances, which many believe is not a coincidence.
The number eight is frequently mentioned in the Bible and is associated with a new beginning. The number 8 appears in the Bible for the first time in the Book of Genesis. After the great flood, there are eight survivors in the story of Noah's Ark:
Noah and his sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth, together with his wife and the wives of his three sons entered the ark.
According to the Bible, the number eight has special significance for God because He chose the eighth day to mark the start of the new week. The number eight is associated with everything in the Bible that has a new beginning. Jesus' personal number is eight.
There were exactly eight steps of creation in Genesis chapter one.
In Genesis chapter 8, Noah and his wife, three sons, three wives, and eight people stepped off the Ark to begin a new life in a new world. Consider this occurrence of the number 8 as a new beginning.
God commanded Moses to circumcise a newborn male child of Israel on the eighth day after birth. Doubting Thomas came to believe in Christ exactly 8 days after Jesus appeared to the Apostles for the first time.
Also, Philippians 4:8 tells us that there are eight things we must consider in order to have a new life.
- whatsoever things are true,
- whatsoever things are honest,
- whatsoever things are just,
- whatsoever things are pure,
- whatsoever things are lovely,
- whatsoever things are of good report;
- if there be any virtue,
- and if there be any praise,
The eighth day of the Feast of Tabernacles was a solemn gathering:
Leviticus 23:36 - Seven days ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD: on the eighth day shall be a holy convocation unto you; ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD: it is a solemn assembly, and ye shall dono servile work therein.
God saved eight people on the ark in order to give mankind a fresh start after the flood. Because the Bible's symbolism of four is derived from God's creation of everything, 8 (4 + 4) represents the new creation after the flood.
The number eight represents Jesus, whose name in Greek adds up to 888.
The use of Bible verse numbers is a method of referring to a specific passage in the Bible. The basic pattern is the title of the book, followed by a colon, and the verse number. As promised, here are some Bible Verses About Number 8 for your consideration.
- Genesis 5:4- And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:
- Genesis 5:7- And Seth lived after he begat Enos eight hundred and seven years, and begat sons and daughters:
- Genesis 5:17- And all the days of Mahalaleel were eight hundred ninety and five years: and he died.
- Exodus 26:25- And they shall be eight boards, and their sockets [of] silver, sixteen sockets; two sockets under one board, and two sockets under another board.
- Kings-2 8:17- Thirty and two years old was he when he began to reign, and he reigned eight years in Jerusalem.
- Kings-2 22:1- Josiah [was] eight years old when he began to reign, and he reigned thirty and one years in Jerusalem. And his mother's name [was] Jedidah, the daughter of Adaiah of Boscath.
- 2 Chronicles - 34:1- Josiah [was] eight years old when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem for one and thirty years.
- Jeremiah 41:15- But Ishmael the son of Nethaniah escaped from Johanan with eight men, and went to the Ammonites.
- Luke 2:21- And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called Jesus, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb.
- John 20:26- And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: [then] came to Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace [be] unto you.
- 1 Peter - 3:20- Which sometimes were disobedient when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
The number 8 represents inner stability and balance. It is a message from the angels that you need to clear your mind and make peace with yourself. That is the only way to progress spiritually in your life.
In the early church, "the eighth-day" innovation was sparked by Jesus' resurrection on Sunday. Early Christianscelebrated Sunday as "the eighth day," signaling that God's new creation had begun with the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
The number 888 is associated with Jesus, or more specifically Christ the Redeemer, in some Christian numerology. This representation can be justified using gematria, counting the letter values of the Greek transliteration of Jesus' name, or as an opposing value to the number 666, the number of the beast.
In conclusion, the word of God is a fascinating study, full of mysteries for the diligent disciple of Christ to investigate. And when it comes to Bible Verses About Number 8, it denotes the beginning of a new chapter in your life.
According to the Bible, the number 8 represents new beginnings, and this number was frequently associated with Jesus Christ. That is why we can tell you that this number is a holy number that will change and improve your life.